Saturday, January 19, 2013

~Cody's Circus Party~

Last night we celebrated Cody's birthday.
He turned double digits this year.
10!
He asked for a circus themed party, so there was lots of games, prizes, popcorn, and cotton candy.
We rented out our community lodge and had around 60 people.
{mostly kids}
My nephew is a DJ and did an awesome job entertaining the kids.
I took over 145 photos, so I thought I would condense them a bit and put them in collages for you to see. You can click on the collages to make them bigger.

Let's start with the decor!
I couldn't have done it without Honeybash.
I got all my printables  through them.
I used their cake day party collection.
They were totally accommodating in letting me change the colors, add my own messages on the banners, and adding last minute changes.
I highly recommend them!
Aren't the water bottle wraps adorable?

The color theme was aqua, white, and red.
I got the cute striped and polka dot straws here.
The balloons were from Party City. 
The welcome friends sign was also from Honeybash. 
I just framed it in a frame I already had.
 Onto the cake!
I made 2 cakes plus cupcakes because of the amount of people.
I wanted to make a polka dot cake. 
I found the tutorial here.
Remember the striped cake I made before? 
Cody and his cousin made the polka dots with a cake pop pan. 
I loved how when you cut into it you can see the different colored dots! 
 The games!
Typical carnival games all from Oriental Trading Company.
3 in a row, spin a prize, {I made the prize board}
darts, {made by me, balloons and darts purchased through Oriental Trading Company}
clown piƱata, and beanbag toss. {not pictured}
The dj's also had them do fun games like musical chairs, pop the balloons, and tons of games involving hula hoops. It was hysterical. They did an amazing job!
{email me if you are local and would like their info: lakeliving4@yahoo.com}

My friend Rachael was kind enough to make me this great wording so that I could transfer it to a giant chalkboard. If you'd like to use it, feel free! 
 {note, typo in the last line, just drop an "F" in the word of}
You can create your own using this tutorial.


 We also rented a popcorn maker which was really fun and in keeping with the carnival/circus theme!
I bought the yellow clown tickets on amazon.
 I just used them for decoration.
 I think my favorite party of the night though was watching all the kids "duggee"
Hope you enjoyed your little virtual trip to the circus!
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a grand time! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You thought of everything! I love your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Melaine! Love it all - every single bit. Turning 10 is a big deal - my middle girl will turn 10 in August :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun!!! Love all of the happy colors! Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a blast!
    xxo Monica

    ReplyDelete