Thursday, January 17, 2013

~how to make chalkboard Valentine~ {using picmonkey}

Chalkboard art is all the rage right now, and I love chalkboards! 
I have them everywhere in my own home.
I wanted to create a little chalkboard looking piece of
 art to frame for Valentines day.
If you'd like to make one, here is what you do.

1~Go here and save this chalkboard background to your computer.
{there are many choices, this is just the one I chose, and it's free for personal use}

2~Go to Picmonkey and click on "edit a photo"

3~Select your saved chalkboard file.

4~You can then use the tools on the left sidebar to customize.
For example: I wanted my chalkboard to be vertical, so I rotated my image.

5~Now you will want to add the heart shape.
I upgraded to the "royal membership" for something like $33.00 a year because you get a wider variety of options to choose from. 
Click on the shapes option which is 5 down from the top. 
Choose your heart and place it in your chalkboard background, changing the font to white.
You can now rotate the heart if you like, and enlarge it. 
{all of those options are on the right hand side}

6~To add the font, simply click on the letter "P"
4th option down on the left.
Click on "add text"
{I used "school bell" because I thought it looked hand written}
Again, you can rotate, change color to white, and enlarge the font size, all on the right hand side of the page.


When you are satisfied with your chalkboard, save it to your computer.
Then open up a word doc. and insert.
You can adjust the size to 5x7, 8x10, or any size you'd like to frame. 

Here is my finished product.
I added it to my gallery wall which you can see here.
I think it turned out pretty sweet.
Just think of all the prints you could make! 


xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I love this look. I just set the table with chalkboard paper placemats where I wrote good bye, Tommy (our son) in all different languages...oh the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! If only I could stop reading blogs and actually do the cute things I find on them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still can't believe that you are having to re-do your WHOLE blog.
    it just doesn't make sense to me at all. have you found out anymore information about what exactly happened?

    you're going to have to teach us how to back our blogs up. i have no idea.

    very adorable framed chalk art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just darling! I am going to share it on my facebook page! You have such clever ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this . Sorry about your blog but glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete